Friday, March 12, 2010

Google AdWords: Day 2

Day 1 of my Google AdWords experiment went relatively well. Finding products, building ads, and determining placement was far less difficult than one might expect. When I logged off last night I was only waiting for the approval of my ads; Google reviews all ads to make sure they fit their predetermined requirements.

Enter today.

I checked my information to find that one of my ads had been rejected. As it should turn out I made some mistakes during the initial setup and tried to place two different ads using the same space. Because of this, Google only posted one of the two ads. It was a little difficult finding out what I had to do to correct the ads, but after a few minutes browsing the site I was able to find the location to make edits to the preexisting information. One there I made my edits and went straight for resubmission.

Of the ads that did make it; one was a flop and one preformed well above my expectations.

OK; so I haven't made any money yet, however one of the ads received 17 hits in its first twenty-four hours of existence. Not too shabby. The other ad had produced only one hit. I have to say I wasn't too surprised because it was the one I was most unsure about. I decided to immediately stop putting money into something I was not sure of and that produced no results. Maybe a hasty decision but I'm sure it was the right thing to do. I instead found a new product with a massive commission that I fully support.

If whenever you can; advertise for things you know and are passionate about. That's the principle I will try to follow from this point on.

Again, I am left waiting for approval on two ads and I have one ad that seems to be attracting at least a bit of attention. Hopefully I'll get quick approval and all three ads will start making the big bucks.

Tomorrow brings another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment